Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a day I had doubts I would ever get to celebrate because I was a mother, that I would only celebrate my mother.  From the time I was a little girl, all I ever wanted to be was a mommy.  I loved playing with baby dolls, I would help out in the church nursery whenever I could, as a teenager I did alot of babysitting and was very excited when I became an aunt at 15, for several years I got at least one new niece or nephew every year.

I met Josh and we decided after we got married that if I got pregnant right away that was fine with us...it didn't happen.  We waited 2.5 long years (well worth it) and had to go to a fertility clinic to finally get pregnant, it was a several month process of tests, a surgery and 2 rounds of IUI - but we finally we found out on Sept 12, 2011 that I was pregnant...oh my word we were excited!  The little girl that made me a mommy was born on May 26, 2012.  This time last year I was one week from my due date and ready for her to come, but she waited another 2 weeks.

My first Mother's Day was very nice and simple...every year we take my mom to Bob Evan's for breakfast with my brother Brendan's family.  Afterwards we came home and relaxed, Lilah was supposed to take a nap but wouldn't, so after lunch we went out shopping and got some new clothes and some things for our house.  We had Five Guys for dinner, I was happy with that because I didn't have to cook it :).

Didn't start out so happy this morning

Happy again a few minutes later

Me and my girl

Love this little face so very much

Three generations


with her Uncle Brendan, he wanted a new pic for his computer

Lilah and Kaylin

Erin and Lilah


1 comment:

  1. God made sure you were a mommy because you were meant to be one. And Lilah is the icing on the cake...sweet and cute!

    ReplyDelete